Causes and solutions for the failure of automotive air compressors We summed up the relevant knowledge about the cause of air compressor failure and solved the driving problem encountered by the owner.
Occasionally, air compressors may fail to breathe or have low air pressure. What is the cause of this problem? What should we do?
1. Air compressor cylinder gasket flushes and leaks. The cylinder head should be replaced.
2. The dividing walls of the inlet and outlet chambers are perforated and connected. The cylinder head should be replaced.
3. The air pressure indicator has failed or the circuit has failed. The performance is that it does not affect the brakes and the air is normal. The pressure gauge should be replaced.
4. The piston ring and cylinder block are severely worn, or the piston ring is broken and the cylinder is pulled. The piston ring and cylinder liner can be replaced as appropriate.
5. The pressure regulating valve cup is broken, accompanied by continuous “哧哧” leakage sound; or the piston is stuck in the keyway and pressure cannot be established. Need to replace the cup assembly and clean the pressure regulator.
6. The exhaust valve screw is loose or loose. The valve plate is broken or not fully opened, and the surface temperature of the air compressor is high. The vent valve screw can be tightened or replaced.
7. The pressure regulating valve regulates the pressure too low, or the spring that regulates the pressure is broken. Turn the adjusting screw to 8 bar with a screwdriver and the pressure regulating valve starts to vent to the atmosphere or replace the adjusting spring.
8. When installing, the cylinder head is reversed, the intake air becomes exhaust gas, and the air is reversed. The air compressor cylinder head is marked at the inlet and outlet: "S" is the air inlet and "D" is the air outlet. It should be removed and reinstalled.
9. From the outlet of the air compressor to the pipe of the pressure regulating valve, a "beep" sound is emitted and the connecting pipe should be replaced.
10. The air compressor's intake valve is lowered or filled with foreign matter, and the closing is not strict. The phenomenon is that the air inlet is touched by hand and the temperature is also high. The elimination method is to remove foreign matter and reinstall the valve. If the valve is not flat or damaged, replace it with a new one.
11. The air compressor gear slides. The air compressor gear and shaft are tapered and pressed by high torque to complete torque transfer. There is no keyway. The reason for the slip is usually that the torque of the tightening nut is insufficient and loose. It can be reinstalled and tightened with a tightening torque of 200 to 300 Nm. Note: Loctite 242 should be protected against threading during installation.
12. Determine the air compressor gear slip by: forcing the piston against the piston (up) and moving the flywheel to see if the air compressor piston is rising. If it does not move, the gear will slip.